All customers requesting new water service must apply in person at the V.A.W. Water System office.
If the service location has a meter in place, prior to the service being turned on the customer must:
- Complete an application for service
- Provide Proof of ownership or have a rental form from a landlord
- Owners pay a non-refundable service fee (see rate sheet)
- Renters pay a non-refundable service fee and a refundable deposit (see rate sheet)
- Provide photo I.D. and other information as outlined in the Rules & Regulations
A non-refundable service fee is required for each service connection.
If the service location does not already have a meter in place, the customer must pay for a meter installation. The amount of the installation will be determined according to the following schedule:
- $750 for a 3/4 inch meter installation and tap.
- $900 for a 1 inch meter installation and tap.
- All meter sizes over 1 inch will be done for the cost of the material & labor. plus 15%.
- All customers must have the physical 911 address of the property.
- Please call office for further instructions (256) 734-2413
Termination of Service
When a customer requests a termination of service, he/she must notify V.A.W. Water System. Upon notification, we will complete a disconnect order, turn off the meter, and take a final meter reading. A final bill will be generated during the customer’s normal billing cycle.